Office Ergonomics - Furniture That Fits YOU
October is National Ergonomics Month!
Outfitting your office with furniture that fits each individual perfectly can help immensely. Some benefits include increased productivity and alertness, along with fewer aches and pains resulting in fewer work absences.
While exercise is the most effective method of burning calories, simply choosing to stand instead of sitting can also be beneficial. In fact, when compared to an afternoon of sitting at a desk, to an equal time spent standing has been shown to burn over 170 additional calories.
That’s almost 1000 extra calories burned each week from simply standing at your desk in the afternoon!
Here are some tips on how our products are be fitted for you while you are seated during the day.
1. Our adjustable Monitor Arms position monitor at eye level or slightly below.
2. The Vito chair offers a headrest which promotes good posture and keeps the upper back straight allowing the shoulders to relax.
3. The Vito chair has a 4 position adjustable height back to provide lumbar support to you specific body height.
4. The Vito Chair has “active Lumbar” that provides responsive support even during movement or repositioning.
5. The Vito chair has an adjustable seat pan that allows for positioning of the hips as far back as possible.
6. The Vito chair offers a 5-way adjustable arm to position the armrest at the optimal position for your comfort.
7. Lower legs positioned at a 90° to 110° angle. The Vito chair has an adjustable seat for optimal height.
1. Use adjustable Monitor Arms to tilt the screen at a 20° angle and position your monitor 20-28” from you.
2. Stand with shoulders back with back and neck straight.
3. When standing at your Sit Stand desk allow your arms to relax at your sides with upper and lower arm forming a 90° angle. Wrists straight and fingers relaxed.
4. Use an Anti-fatigue mat on non-cushioned floors while standing and shoes with good support.
5. Our base has 4 memory presets for quick change to optimal height and for multiple users.
6. Position the Sit Stand desk height at or slightly below elbow height.
7. Alternate between sitting and standing throughout the day. Beginners should start with short breaks. Start with 20
minutes standing for every hour. Stand 30 minutes for every hour for advanced users.