- Maintain up-to-date knowledge about the products
- Analyze customer needs and solicit recommendations
- Answer customer queries regarding furniture products
- Ensure customer delivery in a timely manner
- Develop action plans to achieve sales objectives
- Analyze and process customer orders accurately
- Provide outstanding customer service before and after the sale
- Maintain positive working relationship with sales team and coordinate to achieve revenue goals, maximize sales and profitability.
This is a full-time position with commission, Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:00pm. Valid driver’s license mandatory. Reimbursed travel may be required.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25,000.00 - $30,000.00 per year
Conklin is one of the nation’s pioneers in office furniture recycling and reconditioning. Conklin is seeking a dock worker that involves moving freight into and out of trailers in a timely manner. Forklift operator experience required. You will need to possess the capability to load/unload freight up to 150 lbs, with motorizes/manual equipment. Ability to pack and wrap freight. Candidates must be at least 18 years of age, and must be able to read, write and speak the English language; must be physically and mentally able to safely perform the essential job functions without obvious risk of injury to the employee or co-workers.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance, 401(k), disability and more.
What you will do on a typical day:
- Prepare shipments for delivery; checks items to be shipped against work orders to ascertain that quantities, destination, and routing are correct.
- Receives and unloads incoming materials and compares information on packing slip with purchase order to verify accuracy of shipment.
- Sorts, counts, packages, labels, insures, unpacks, and/or logs inventory which is shipped or received.
- Inspects shipments for damages or defects; records discrepancies or damages and notifies supervisor and/or purchasing personnel.
- Efficiently sort, handle, load and unload palletized and non-palletized freight.
- Use appropriate motorized and manual equipment, including pallet jack, forklift and by hand.
- Secure freight inside trailers using appropriate tools and supplies.
- Work in a safe, efficient manner, adhering to company safety policies.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $14.00 - $15.00 per hour
Conklin is one of the nation’s pioneers in office furniture recycling and reconditioning. Conklin Office Services, Inc is seeking an individual who is reliable, organized and possesses leadership qualities. The ideal candidate is self motivated and looking for a long-term commitment to our team.
Presently, we are looking for drivers to deliver our product to customers throughout New England and New York areas. This is a non CDL driver’s position:
- Valid Driver’s License
- Experience driving a straight truck
- Must be able to lift 75 pounds
- Successfully pass a background check and DOT drug test
- Successfully pass a Registry of Motor Vehicle check
- Required to obtain a Medical DOT card and pass the Medical DOT examination
Conklin offers a competitive salary, paid holidays, paid vacation, medical/disability insurance and 401k plan.
Hours: Vary depending on location of shipments (same day travel only). May involve early morning departures.
About Conklin Office Services, Inc.
Conklin is one of the nation's pioneers in office furniture recycling and refurbishing. Over 40 years ago we opened our doors as an office supply company and since 1981, we have made it our mission to offer facility managers and business owners a way to upsize, downsize, off-load or load up when it comes to premium used office furniture. Conklin has a 15 million dollar used office furniture inventory of contract lines that are ready to install. We cut time and costs but never quality to bring savings to our value-minded and environmentally conscious customers.
With a continued focus on integrating product and practices that leave a positive impact on the environment, Conklin is a leader in sustainable furniture solutions. We are constantly considering ways to make our operations and our products more sustainable.
The Marketing Coordinator executes communications across multiple digital platforms to effectively deliver integrated and inclusive messages to diverse audiences and promote brand recognition. Always monitoring social channels, the Coordinator is a frontline communicator responsible for delivering information and driving support for Conklin’s strategic priorities. Works independently and as a team, exercising sound judgement under deadline conditions.
- Create, maintain and strengthen the organization’s overall brand through all media avenues.
- Responds to inquiries and comments received via social media.
- Provides social media coverage and live streaming for select events.
- Provides management and support for online product sales, promotional writing, and marketing.
- Develop strategic marketing initiatives and activities.
- Implement marketing plans that include print, broadcast and online content.
- Conduct market research to identify marketing opportunities and negotiate media coverage.
- Organize and streamline service offerings into user-friendly concepts.
- Assists with email marketing creation and support.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Experience, Education))
- Two to three (2-3) years relevant professional experience managing social media communications and digital marketing, including content development and brand messaging.
- Knowledge of principles and practices related to storytelling, communications, public relations, marketing, user-generated content management, and reputation management.
- Knowledge and experience with SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and demonstrated proficiency with various social media platforms, including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Familiarity using web analytics and social media monitoring/measurement tools to deliver data-driven insights.
- Proven ability to think critically under pressure and write clear, concise, and compelling content to resonate with intended audiences across various communication channels.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and plan, prioritize, and manage several projects simultaneously.
- Experience and understanding working with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Ability and willingness to travel occasionally and/or work evening and weekend hours as needed for events. Valid driver’s license required.
- English, Journalism, Communications, Marketing, Advertising, Digital Media Production or related field degree preferred.